Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One of my blessings

I may have lots of pain from the loss of my children but I can still see the wonderful things in my life. My husband.

I am amazed by him every day. I want to tell your about the most recent situation. We take lots of walks together. It gives us time to talk and our best, deepest discussions happen during our walks. I don't know what made me think of it but I started talking about something that has been on my mind lately. I told him what I've learned about leaving your infant son whole. Not circumcising your son when he's born. Now normally he would argue that with me. Tell me how we should do it because that's just what you do. Or be upset that I'm bringing up future children. He did neither.

I told him the many reasons I am against it. Had I not been educated and cared enough to research it, I would have never known. I was surprised that when I brought it up, he was so open minded. He just started asking questions and wanting to know all I've learned. At the end of the conversation he agreed, if we ever have a son he will not be circumcised. He will come home whole, completely how he should be.

I am happy with the new things I'm doing in my life, my healthy lifestyle, trying to do all natural and now learning why to leave your son's whole.

I am very happy to have a husband so open minded, so willing to learn and take in all the facts before making a decision. 

I am one lucky girl. Things may not be perfect but I am beyond lucky to share this life with someone who sticks by my side through thick and thin. I love him more than he could know.

1 comment: