Sunday, April 1, 2012

I hate April Fool's day

I seriously hate all the stupid fake pregnancy announcements today. When its people close to us it makes me feel as if they don't take our situation seriously. Like they think its silly that our world is crushed. And announcing a pregnancy wouldn't hurt us. Really? we've been through 6 years of complete hell. Not a single person knows what it feels like and what has gone on behind closed doors and our doctor appointments. No one knows what it feels like to know your pregnancy isn't going to make it but you have to walk around another 8 weeks carrying a baby, waiting for the moment you will miscarry. They told us in 2 of our pregnancies that our numbers didn't double, meaning it wouldn't make it and we just waited for the day the miscarriage would start. I had to walk around twice knowing that the baby inside me would eventually stop growing and the miscarriage would begin. But watching a million people announce their fake pregnancies while they think its so hilarious, breaks my heart and many others too.  I guess I expect it from some, but not those close to us. I'm hurt. We buried 2 children, lost 6 pregnancies and yet those around us find this subject funny. Wow. How many people are out there trying to have a baby and you have no idea of their struggle. You just ruined their day. I hope you're happy will your silly, most unoriginal april fool's joke.

2 comments:

  1. i understand. I will be boycotting april fool's day next year. even my silly 'married to single' joke had me wondering-how many people are close to being separated? i remember, during our hardest marital struggles, seeing happy couples on the street and wishing that were me and my husband. yea-it's really not funny at all. i didn't see one joke that was on my fb. next year, it will be staying offline for a few days and not participating. when it's real-well, fine. it's legitimate. but when it's fake (no matter what it is) it riles people up and creates false emotions. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't see one joke THIS year that was funny, i mean**

    ReplyDelete