Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Some things I feel like I need to clear up

I feel like there are a few misunderstanding about my pregnancies that I'd like to clear up. 


I was healthy, I have a bad cervix, that is it. My weight was not normal but I was healthy. Blood pressure etc was completely normal. 

My children were extremely healthy. NOTHING and I mean absolutely nothing, was wrong with them. They came early due to my cervix not being strong enough to stay closed because of the normal weight of the baby and the water. If my cervix was normal, my children would be here. That should be obvious since they both held on at such a young age. Being able to live an hour and Evelie being able to continue to live without any water for 14 days and make it through the birth and live almost 2 hours after birth. They were strong babies!

They were not miscarriages. I gave birth just like any full term mother does. I had labor, I felt pain just like any mother and they were born just like any other baby. I do know what it feels like to have a natural birth. My experience was just the same, except too soon and they didn't live.

I don't want people to think that if the next pregnancy is full term it's because I'm now "healthy" Health has nothing to do with your cervical function. For whatever reason I was born with a bad cervix. You can damage your cervix but that isn't the case with me. I didn't have any procedures done to it in the past to cause the weakness. I simply was born with it. Again, there was nothing wrong with my kids, their heartbeats were strong and they were strong. 

There, I've said what I needed to say. If there are any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment