Tuesday, December 25, 2012

You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can't do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it! Period.

       There's always going to be negative that comes with us and pregnancy topics. This is one of the reasons we were going to keep the surgery quiet. Obviously couldn't because we have to tell our jobs. And if co-workers know, family should as well etc. And sometimes I get excited and I should be allowed, just like anyone else, to share their excitement. However, that has proved to bite me in the ass already.

       I believe my husband and I are allowed to be nervous and scared but I do not like when others express their nervousness or say negative things to us. We can worry enough on our own and your comments only add stress to us. Thanks for believing in us and my broken body :/..... I'd appreciate it if you'd keep those thoughts to yourself. I am not ignorant on this subject, I did not spend every hour of the last year researching this and going forward with it without knowing everything I possibly could. I did not seek out the top tac doctor for nothing. I would not go forward with another pregnancy if I didn't think it would work. I don't plan on losing children and wouldn't move towards this if I had any thought in my mind that we would. I know all the facts, I know the "consumer reports" on this surgery, you do not and if you think this won't work, then go ahead and keep that to yourself. Yes, I realize (obviously) that we have had nothing but loss but that doesn't mean that my entire life will be loss. I don't want to be treated differently than any other pregnant person you know.

So after a comment I received I will not be sharing pregnancy news with anyone. I am shocked that they said it. Thanks for pointing out that I'm broken, that you obviously have no confidence in the choice we are making and you aren't expecting this to work. Wow. Now I work on forgetting what you said and trying not to be angry with you. I will keep this between my husband and I and will not share our excitement with anyone because of comments like this.  I'm angry that for once, we can't be looked at as the couple who will bring a baby home. I'm sick of people being nervous when we announce pregnancies. I get it, I know we lost a lot but geez let us enjoy the time we have during pregnancy. We worry enough for ourselves, I don't need your stress too.

Now I'm going to ignore this, going to move forward and be excited for the upcoming surgery! I am excited and it's not that far away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment