Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hello 3rd trimester!!!!!

    I can't properly express what this feels like! I am enjoying this pregnancy so much. Of course there was fear, well pure terror, that we'd never make it this far.  Here we are. Enjoying painting a nursery for the first time, buying baby clothes, registering for our baby showers and doing what expecting couples normally get to do. After 8 years our dream is finally coming true. It is truly amazing. 

As I was laying in bed the other night, Derrick was feeling baby move and he told me how happy and excited he was. How he thinks of baby all the time and things we'll get to do.  I'm happy that he'll finally get to do all the things he dreamed of doing. It's nice to watch him talking to my belly and smiling ear to ear. He deserves to finally be happy. It's been so good for us. 

Besides the fear this pregnancy has been so easy. I've been working full time on my feet at a physically demanding job. I haven't been sick. I feel normal, I just so happen to be pregnant :) Pregnancy agrees with my body and I'm loving it. Baby isn't even here yet and I can't wait to get pregnant again. If it wasn't for my past, I'd be a surrogate for as long as I could. 

I am living proof that the tac works. I really thought nothing in the world could help me. I never thought I'd be able to carry another child and certainly didn't think we'd make it to viability. Well here we are in the home stretch, preparing to bring our rainbow baby home. If I can do it, anyone can. And I can do what normal pregnant ladies get to do. I can workout, swim, work full time, shop, whatever I want with no restrictions. I was even cleared to continue my intense kettlebell work outs (I chose not to out of fear but may try it in the next pregnancy) I'm so thankful. 

I'm going to soak up my last trimester and enjoy every moment of it. I love this pregnancy and am so grateful to be able to experience what it's like to be normal for once. So excited to see baby and start the new chapter in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I can't begin to express how happy I am for you. <3

    ReplyDelete