Monday, February 4, 2013

the strips are off

      Today I got to take my steri strips off my incision. Feels weird to have nothing on it. I stood in the mirror and just looked at it. It's not nearly as big as I thought it was going to be. I wouldn't care if it was huge. I'm just happy to have it. It's pretty tiny and he managed to get it so low. Not like this mom body is going to be wearing any bikinis but I was very surprised how low it was. 

From what Dr. Haney said, my ob will be using that incision for any further c-sections. I'm still sore and using pain meds. Not nearly as much as I was but I still need something once in a while. And well, percocet sleeps are the best sleeps ever! 

I can't believe it felt like forever ago that we were counting down to when we could even call to see if we could have the surgery. Now it's done and over with. It went so well. We will never forget how life changing and awesome the trip was. We were on cloud 9 the entire time.  

Now I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't take long to conceive. I do not miss that roller coaster of emotions and hope we don't have to go through all of that again. My heart goes out to the ladies that are still going through that. I will never forget what it feels like to watch everyone around you get pregnant and bring home their babies, while you are still waiting for your positive test.

No comments:

Post a Comment