Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just some thoughts

     We're home now and I'm off of work recovering. I'm holding on to each word Dr. Haney said to us while we were in Chicago. I can't believe we did it. We traveled there, I went under and the tac is in. My incompetent cervix is healed. It's no longer and issue and now we can have children. 

 I've said it a million times but I wish I recorded everything he said. It was amazing. There was no doubt in his voice. Just very matter of fact. We'll have a child and life will keep going. I can't believe it. This long journey can finally be over. We've been in it for so long, I don't know how to not do it.

I'm still amazed that my ovaries are no longer poly-cystic, my tubes and uterus are great. I did not expect that at all. I'm hoping this happens quickly for us. I'm ready for this terrible journey to be over. I'm tired of being bitter about pregnancies and babies and all the baby crap that comes in the mail. I'm so over all of this. 

I'm surprised at how easy surgery was. I was scared sick of going under and that was so easy and I woke up in recovery very quickly. I wasn't groggy and I was up and moving faster than they thought. I'd do this a million times over for the chance to bring home a baby. I'm an official tac sister. 

I'm ready to buy baby stuff and get to do all the things we were supposed to do almost 6 years ago when Emerson came along. I'm so ready for the next chapter of our lives. 

Hopefully getting pregnant is easier this time around. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be. I no longer have pcos and everything has been normal with me since I had Evelie.

This is such a weird feeling. This chapter is almost closed. I feel sad, confused, happy and excited all at once. We deserve this. We deserved it 6 years ago and we were robbed. Robbed many times. And we're on our way and I still can't believe it. There are no words for the emotions we feel. I have never seen my husband as happy as he was after he spoke with Dr. Haney. This was the best decision of our lives

No comments:

Post a Comment