Friday, March 23, 2012

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

I have a huge rant that I wanted to post but I'm just too tired to put my heart into it today so that will have to wait for another day. However, today we have the first little peek of the girls' tree blossoming. I'm hoping it holds off for a few days because I don't want the rain to make all the flowers fall off.  Derrick and I have been watching the tree and checking it multiple times a day, hoping we don't miss when it finally opens. We chose this tree because of the meaning I found :

Symbol of Humanity

  • The blooming season of cherry blossoms are brief, resulting in instant beauty and immediate death of the flower. They, therefore, serve (within the Japanese culture) as reminders of humanity and mortality since, like cherry blossoms, a human being's life can end at any given moment. The human condition is epitomized through the cherry blossom, alerting people that life is too short to waste away and that people should live life to the fullest.


    I wanted a weeping one for obvious reasons. So we chose this tree and when I get my memorial tattoo for Evelie it will include cherry blossoms for the same reason. She was beautiful and we only had a short time with her. She is just like a cherry blossom. So beautiful and quickly fleeting from our lives.

    So today I want to share with you the first peek I got at their tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment