Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First High Risk appt.

I'm going to try to make this as short and simple as possible. We got our ultrasound first thing which was pretty awesome because my parents got to witness it. I think they were pretty excited. She found the heartbeat and let us listen to it for a min. Then after about an hour ultrasound we had the actual appt. with the doctor.

Short and simple-he believes I have a pre term labor problem not an incompetent cervix but because the risk of doing the cerclage is little that if I wanted it and would feel more at ease to have it knowing that I've done all I can he will do it. So I'm set for surgery July 5th. They will stitch my cervix shut like a drawstring purse. I will then only be allowed to work a sit down job and they will remove it at 37wks (although muskegon doc said she'll remove it at 35 wks.) I will have to have a spinal to have the cerclage put it. I'm worried because I've never had any surgery ever. Baby looks wonderful and is measuring a week ahead but they will go by the original due date for now. It was a good appt over all and I'm glad that they don't think I have a problem with my cervix because all signs pointed to pre term labor problems which I will receive a p17 shot that will keep contractions from starting. I think that is about as simple as I can get :) I'm very open to answering any questions anyone has

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that they are so proactive. You'll be getting the p17 shots weekly, right? When do they start for you? Mine started at 16 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did notice you said you weren't exactly sure when they'd start them on the other post-but i had another question...how does the sit down job affect your current job? What will they (at work) be having you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah p17 weekly. I don't remember when they start. It looks like I might have to quit my job :( apparently they don't have anything where I can sit down. I have to ask more questions about exactly what the restrictions will be. We need to buy a car and save for baby so me not working isn't really going to be an option. I might have to look for something temporary. I'm not really sure. It really stressed me out today so I've put it in the back of my mind for the moment

    ReplyDelete